SnappyMail is a Simple, modern, lightweight & fast web-based email client.
Mobile booting with ~144 KB download (using Brotli) and up to 99% performance grade by Lighthouse.
This is a fork of the much appreciated RainLoop, but with massive changes to be compatible with (mobile) browsers in 2020.
Here’s a short comparison.
- Modern user interface.
- Complete support of IMAP and SMTP protocols including SSL and STARTTLS.
- Sieve scripts (Filters and vacation message).
- Minimalistic resources requirements.
- Direct access to mail server is used (mails are not stored locally on web server).
- Allows for adding multiple accounts to primary one, simultaneous access to different accounts in different browser tabs is supported. Additional identities.
- Administrative panel for configuring main options.
- Really simple installation and update (the product is updated from admin panel).
- Managing folders list.
- Simple look’n’feel customization.
- Extending functionality with plugins installed through admin panel.
- Perfect rendering of complex HTML mails.
- Drag’n’drop for mails and attachments.
- Keyboard shortcuts support.
- Autocompletion of e-mail addresses.
This fork of RainLoop has the following changes:
- Privacy/GDPR friendly (no: Social, Gravatar, Facebook, Google, Twitter, DropBox, OwnCloud, X-Mailer)
- Admin uses
- Auth failed attempts written to syslog
- Dark mode
- Added option to remove background/font colors from messages for real “dark mode”
- Removed BackwardCapability (class \RainLoop\Account)
- Removed ChangePassword (re-implemented as plugin)
- Removed POP3 support
- Removed background video support
- Removed Sentry (Application Monitoring and Error Tracking Software)
- Removed Spyc yaml
- Replaced gulp-uglify with gulp-terser
- CRLF => LF line endings